• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thermoforming Paper

BKBRO

We've run out of our supply of plastic to make PPE to donate, so we're looking at other things we might do. We have a thermovacuum molding machine (Formech 450DT) and have thought about using it to make face masks out of vacuum filter bags. I've seen references online to using thermovacuum machines to mold paper (and other non-plastics), but cannot find specific information. Has anyone molded any other than plastic with the thermovacuum equipment?

Jester

Slow is Fast
I can't answer your specific question, but I saw (somewhere) that (someone) was taking the filter media out of HEPA air conditioning filters to make face masks. It might be a more efficient filter media than vacuum filters.

(Yet another material for people to purchase in bulk and put into short supply, LOL!)