• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thick vinyl for stickers

chip

Can anyone recommend a good vinyl for solvent printing of the thickest possible mil? It would also be nice if it had a tendency not to curl.

I'm looking for an appropriate vinyl to print die-cut stickers on and am having a very difficult time! I was hoping for something around 6mil but this seems impossible to find!

Thanks

Flame

I think your "curl" problem really doesn't have anything to do with the thickness of the vinyl.

convex do alot of diff thickness' and maybe worth a look.
the thickness of the vinyl isn't usually the cause of curling, it's normally ink saturation etc.

Custom_Grafx

convex do alot of diff thickness' and maybe worth a look.
the thickness of the vinyl isn't usually the cause of curling, it's normally ink saturation etc.

yeah and i find that non PE liner products (plain kraft liner) curls heaps more - especially if you're printing bleed and trimming... definite no no. Nice liner is worth the extra $$. I don't apply this to promo window graphics though.

chip

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone! I'm having a great deal of difficulty finding these products in sizes less than 54"--- I only have 30" printer. Does anyone have experience with "Substance Ultracurve 600LSE"? It seems to have all of the attributes I want for a reasonable price. A permanent adhesive such as this would not damage the surface it is applied to, correct? If it is calendared, it just might take some extra work to remove as the adhesive may separate from the vinyl?

HulkSmash

im not sure what 30 inch material to use, but.. your curling problem is caused because of ink saturation, and in that case you want to laminate it.

splizaat

I've been searchin for the SAME THING!!! I don't understand why screenprinted stickers are so thick, easy to put on by the consumer, but everything economical for solvent printing is THIN! We HAVE to use Oracal 3164 for cheap promotional stickers, but it's way too thin. Very lame!

Custom_Grafx

I've been searchin for the SAME THING!!! I don't understand why screenprinted stickers are so thick, easy to put on by the consumer, but everything economical for solvent printing is THIN! We HAVE to use Oracal 3164 for cheap promotional stickers, but it's way too thin. Very lame!

I put on a very thick polymeric textured laminate when required. Feels great and is pretty tough. Hard to die cut with detail because of the thickness, but all in all, a good solution for our clients.

gabagoo

thats because screen printers buy sheet vinyl which for what ever reason is thicker, but maybe this type of vinyl is not condusive for rolling up.

splizaat

When you laminate, you lose ALL price point...Where's the thick, throw out vinyl for promotional stickers??? Cheap, Thick and printable??

chip

I found Substance Ultracurve to be perfect for this purpose... for anyone that is wondering.

Bill Modzel

I'm a screen printer and us 3.4mil sheetstock from General Formulations for my screen printed decals.
I will second Matt's suggestion on the PromoPerm digital vinyl though. It's a 6mil fairly hard vinyl and has a wonderful finish. It's my favorite vinyl for display work. It's not glossy so that reflections are an issue but it has a wonderful look to in and prints wonderfully. Print at cool temps though because it has a tendency to pucker if too hot.