• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

thinking of buying a used dc3 plus

watchdaride

I am thinking of buying a used dc3 plus printer. A few questions from the experienced users.

Whats the difference between the dc3 plus and the dc4 ?

I am a window tint shop getting the machine for autographics so i dont have a special room dust free. Its not a real dusty shop but i do open the door where cars come in and out. If i cover the machine is dust a big problem with the machine?

to do the car graphics aurora sells for the sides of the cars will i need to laminate ? from car washes ie

can you use other vinyl besides summa if people dont want to warranty ? ie decal

wont be high use but want some thing low maintance and no lamination .

thanks

Here's the deal with the summa DC3,4 they are slow real real slow. If you are looking for something to be cost effective its not going to be b/c of the foil cartridges you have to run. Real world stats on these machines 30 to 40 sq. ft. per hour and coverage cost just for the foil cartridges are anywere between 1.20-2.50 a square foot, and that doesnt include your vinyl cost. I am a field tech. so I see alot of these machines have I ever seen one actually in production NO I see them sitting in the corner with the cover on them while 3 inkjets in the same room run 24/7. All honesty if you want to do special color decals and print cut them great get it but if you want to do anything else forget about it.

dclet

dc3 your material is limited to 40" vinyl with a print size of 36"
dc4 is variable width. 24" to 54"

Your best bet would be to ask real users ~

digital-graphica.com

I have been a summa owner since the Summa Chrome...currently running a dc3plus

watchdaride

from my research so far there is a big learning curve to getting good prints . ie no banding . Maybe the dc-4 area better machine than the dc3plus . Would hate to buy a lemon .

There is a curve but it isnt that bad its really pretty easy(if you buy new inkjet equipment it should come with training a day or two at the least) of course you have to get quality equipment and with the Summa's you are going to find that they sit and are stored easily so you can get one that has set in a storage unit for a year fire it up, knock the dust off and go but there again how much does it cost you to push print????? If buying a inkjet it isnt that easy and you really need to do research and demo with distributors look around and dont take peoples word on spending your money. Really I came off wrong in the first post probably its just what I see, maybe its correct to say that entry level the DC4 is great,,, but once you get to using it and then buy a inkjet with the money you make with the summa then it goes to the waste side. Look at the selling points of the summa its print/cut, its no odor, great spot colors, and then what else ...... If they sale it mostly on the odor free and Going Green I would start to wonder. Lastly NO LAMINATION find a vehicle wrap done with a DC4 then ask them if they ever took it through a automatic car wash or gotten tire rubber or how does the bug's and road grime effect it

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
I thought this was what you were buying!

Attachments

• DC3.jpg
    DC3.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 96