• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"This system is not licensed for this version of OMEGA"

Browner

Ugh. Not entirely sure what happened. My best guess is a driver was updated. I've 'rolled back' the computer, and I still get the same response when I try to open Omega. Full disclosure: I (was) running Omega 2.61 on Windows 7.

I've got the Sentinel Driver up and running just fine (as far as I know). GSP Tray acknowledges the fact that I've got a dongle in there (and reads the System Serial Number correctly on all three dongles). Maybe there's more to it than that? Maybe I DON'T have the Sentinel up and running properly? Is there a way to tell?

I did try to reinstall Omega - but I've only got disks for 2.5... which, of course, won't install on Windows 7 or higher. The 'upgrade' to 2.6 must have been a dowloadable link at one point - but it's obviously long gone.

I'm prepared to bite the bullet and buy the upgrade to 7.0 - just to get things up and running - but will that even work?!

So many questions, I know. Hoping someone can chime in and point me in the right direction.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Hey Chris, sorry I'm not even sure where to start with that issue but if all else fails it might be worth talking to ND tech support. If you can get Jeff or Wissam on the line they're pretty damn good at troubleshooting and can probably remote in and get it sorted for you. (Probably not a free call, but cheaper than an upgrade!)

Browner

Hey Chris, sorry I'm not even sure where to start with that issue but if all else fails it might be worth talking to ND tech support. If you can get Jeff or Wissam on the line they're pretty damn good at troubleshooting and can probably remote in and get it sorted for you. (Probably not a free call, but cheaper than an upgrade!)
Truthfully, the upgrade might be finally worth it, if not so much for the 'advances' in the software, but so it will work with an o/s and hardware that's less than a decade old. I've got an email to ND (Linda) and will see what happens. May be sending you some files here in a bit. Got an install Thursday that needs a few pieces printed.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Truthfully, the upgrade might be finally worth it, if not so much for the 'advances' in the software, but so it will work with an o/s and hardware that's less than a decade old. I've got an email to ND (Linda) and will see what happens. May be sending you some files here in a bit. Got an install Thursday that needs a few pieces printed.

I see what you mean, I'm getting to that point with a couple of our older computers as well. Let me know if you need anything printed on the Edge or anything else, happy to help.