• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thousands of nodes showing in exported eps file that looked clean and simple in corel draw

Ginocol

Please can someone help.

1000020570.jpg
lines
Ive created a design in corel draw 2023 to export to rasterlink for cut and print. I've double checked cut lines are correct with no duplication and the design looks clean. However when I export as eps raster link runs super slow. And cuts in terribly in certain areas. I've opened the eps file in Adobe illustrator to check the file and the design looks messy around the letters especially with curves showing thousands of points on the cut line.

How can I get round this please as time is running out to get the job ready by Sunday to fit?

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
In AI, select the dieline go to Object > Path > Simplify. Use the slider to start reducing the nodes. Be very careful though. this can go wrong quickly going too far. Usually when I do this I copy the dieline, create a new layer, then on new layer hit Ctrl + F (Paste in place on top). Change the dieline color, and now you have a reference point to see how much it has changed.

Ginocol

I've sussed it. I had created too many contour layers for the 2mm bleed which were conflicting. Loaded the eps into Adobe illustrator and that showed my error. Deleted them now all is good finally