• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To cling or not to cling...that is the question...

Got kind of in interesting request from a potential customer. Curious about what medias others would use.

Customer is in NY city and runs a business that critiques restaurants. When they feel the restaurant is a good one they want to put a cling in the window that gives it their rating, so that people on the street looking for a bite to eat know its a good place to stop at. They need to be able to remove the cling if the restaurant ends up doing not so good in the future. Customer says that there can absolutely be no glue or residue left on the window for him to clean up. Wants the decal or cling to stay, but easily be removed. I cautioned him that clings can let go after a period of time and that the ink printed on the cling may stick to the glass (cling would be in the restaurant facing out so you can read in on the street). One other stipulation he has is that he wants a QR code printed that the person on the street could scan through the glass. I told him his real best bet is a decal on the outside of the window, the QR code would then work and he could remove it from outside the building and not have to go in. There would be residue though.

Does anyone have any material suggestions?

CanuckSigns

inside the glass is a bad idea, most storefront windows are tinted, which would obscure the print.

I would use a low tack removable vinyl and mount to the outside, that way he doesn't need to go in to the place to remove the decal, I can't see that going down well.