• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Translucent Avery 2050

TAAG

I will be printing on this and was wondering what setting would be best to put in VW..??

TFW: Trans White Film
TVP: Trans Cast Film
TCVR: Trans Calendered Vinyl

Do any of these do the double pass, or just lay extra ink down?

Windows 7
CS5
VersaWorks 4.1.1.

Thanks

toli13

Seems to be a misunderstanding. I think TAAG asks for overprint, so printing twice the same image. I've never used translucent Avery but possibly my settings for translucent Orajet 3850 can help. I use my own profile for Orajet 3551, a non translucent polymer vinyl. The four sliders in colour settings I move to -5. In printer control I activate user defined settings with overprint 2. Sorry, my VersaWorks is German. So don't know the exact English terms. The result looks to dark in reflective light but brilliant and well saturated in light through. If you want nearly same results in reflective light and light through, you can print your image once on transPARENT vinyl and once on tranLUCENT. First apply the transparent and then the translucent. You have to use a light table to get both prints matching. Works great.
Tilo