• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Trufire vs Vanguard

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Reds are tough. We paid Mike Adams at Correct Color to build color matched profiles for 2 printers. One thing we learned in the process was head temp made a big difference in magenta saturation. Recommended max temp is 48, we run magenta at 52. We now get great reds at 300 - 2 pass

Nate1n22

Reds are tough. We paid Mike Adams at Correct Color to build color matched profiles for 2 printers. One thing we learned in the process was head temp made a big difference in magenta saturation. Recommended max temp is 48, we run magenta at 52. We now get great reds at 300 - 2 pass
Interesting. We build our own profiles with a Caldera TotalColor spectrometer. Can print some really nice oranges and reds on another flatbed.
Patric says it's a Caldera issue that they need to fix on their end. The only way we have been able to get around it is to print at 400 density.
I will have to try messing with the head temperature

WheresMyCoffee

One thing we learned in the process was head temp made a big difference in magenta saturation. Recommended max temp is 48, we run magenta at 52.

I know this is an old thread and I'm new here, but I signed up to ask a question about this.
We've been trying to get better red out of our digitech as well. Patrick at digitech says it's a Caldera RIP problem, but we tested two other RIPs and found next to no improvement.

Can you expound on how/where you did this? I've been in contact with one of the technicians at digitech and he doesn't know anything about setting head temperatures individually. The global setting for all heads is obvious enough though. We can adjust voltages but were advised not to unless the head was 'old' and 'needed the help'.

parrott

Reds are tough on any flatbed. Yes, Caldera is a bit too blame. We have had the Digitech team rip files via Onyx to our machine through their server. There is definitely a noticeable difference between Calder and onyx.

The reds are on par with our HP flatbeds and have never had a customer complain.

WheresMyCoffee

We had them do the same for us, as well as send a physical sample printed in their facility.
Unfortunately their RIP via onyx vs our own RIP produced exactly the same red output for all intents and purposes. It was perhaps a little lighter than ours, but certainly not more vibrant/saturated. Even their physical sample was no better than our own output.