• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

willkho

I found that UCJV is quite heavy in comparison to my HP Latex. It's good and bad depend on the job.
Wondering it's a way to calibrate the opacity/density/saturation in rasterlink? Or perhaps we can create our own profile, etc?
Color is accurate just too saturate.
Thanks.

APCInk

Merchant Member
So by default, when you install a UCJV300 it sets up with "Mimaki Expand Color" as the preset in the Color Matching section of Rasterlink 6 by default. While this is good for punchy vector colors, it's not great for reproducing skin-tones or other more subtle photo images. Create a new Color Matching Preset and then select "Perceptual" as the rendering intent for both Vector and Raster images, and then choose "MimakiWideCMYK" and "sRGB" as your input profiles (you could also use the Profile manager to load "SWOP" or "GRACoL" input profiles too, to match your workflow, but the MimakiWide and sRGB work well for most users.

Just so you know, the "Mimaki Expand Color" preset that sets up by default uses "Relative Colormetric" as the rending intent (which has no black compensation and causes your shadows to block up) and for the input profiles, uses "MimakiHighContrast" as the CMYK input which pushes all of your colors towards the outside of the gamut (i.e. max saturation), creating colors that are a bit "clownish"

If you're looking for custom color profiles, this is a service we offer remotely (as well as onsite). Providing we have the same ink set in one of our demo printers we can produce a profile on the media of your choice, and targeting your specific needs (i.e. neural greys, spot color matching, etc.)

Hope this helps!

willkho

Hi, really appreciate for your help.
Wondering where can I get the SWOP or Gracol icm?

I will try this method first, in the future if I need the service, I will surely let you know.

APCInk

Merchant Member
Sorry, you may have misunderstood about the SWOP or GRACoL input profiles - this is an additional, optional step. The main point is to change your color settings so that you’re not using the “Mimaki Expand Color” one. Here are the steps:

Under the color settings:

1. Type in a name for your preset and hit the “+” button
2. Select “Perceptual” for both rendering intents.
3. Select “MimakiWideCMYK” and “sRGB” for the input profiles.

Print your files and see if you like these results better

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We created some new custom profiles in Onyx w/ X-rite i1.

More accurate colors and less ink being laid down. (Bonus - we don't have to use RasterStink any more!)

willkho

Thanks for the helps. the MimakiWideCMYK helped quite significantly.
Regarding rasterstink, I think I still need it.
can Onyx handle clear ink?

White Haus

Not a Newbie

I'm not sure about that. We only have white on our UCJV, and it took a full day of profiling and guesswork to even create a profile that would print white only, or cmyk + white.

This was right after these printers came out though, and Onyx hadn't really caught up with printer drivers.

I'm sure it's possible by now, but might be worth confirming 100% with Onyx.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Mimaki and Onyx are working together on new profiles for printers. I believe that onyx will handle it, but since they have to build those profiles for each printer, they may not have the UCJV in the queue yet. You could call Onyx directly and ask them about Mimaki.

kienkien

hi all..can i know which profile to use to have nice saturate color when printing translucent film? mine is UCJV300-160.
normally what i do here is select overprint 2 from the profile that i use to print white vinyl.