• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question UCJV300 and Epson S60600

TomK

So, I am finally replacing my HP Latex and have narrowed it down to the Mimaki UCJV300 or Epson S60600. The print quality on the Epson is stunning compared to the Mimaki and the old HP POS, but the UV of the Mimaki and layering and white ink is very interesting to me at a slightly lower print quality compared to the Epson.

I use Summa cutters today and plan to keep them as our cutters, even though the UCJV has a built in cutter.

I would like to keep Flexi for our print and cut but worried about support for the Mimaki UCJV300. When I add a new machine (UCJV300) in the latest Flexi, it shows CMYKLcLm only, no white or clear ink options - which I would go with if I go the Mimaki route. From what I'm told there is also no layering features in Flexi yet for the UCJV machine either.

Anyone using Flexi and UCJV with white and clear ink setup and cut on something other than the built in cutter?

Anyone using Flexi and run both Epson S series AND Mimaki UV? If so, mind if I send you a private message?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It seems to exist and there's even some profiles for the UCJV. But as I've understood from the other threads, you will have to live with the generic ones or make your own profiles if you don't use rasterlink.
And that can be a real pain in the ass. If you are used to the HP profiles it will not be anything like that with Mimaki.

The cutting you can do just like previously, print with HP/Epson/Mimaki and cut with Summa, no problem.

Screenshot_2020-12-29 SAi Cloud.png