• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV300 Print & Cut without Illustrator or Corel

Smoke_Jaguar

As it says on the title. Not a big fan of either Illustrator or Corel draw, and I work with a lot of bitmaps that look like utter crap if vectorized. I don't mind RasterLink in the least, so that's not an issue. Just looking for some nice basic path cut tracing and I wished that FineCut could run in standalone mode to send cut paths direct to RasterLink without needing to run as a plugin. Anyone know of a workaround, or a way to run FineCut or any other tracing program that can output to RasterLink?

Figured it would be worth a shot. Not too particularly keen on Sai Flexi or Onyx either, they're far more tedious and complicated than I want to deal with.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can build a file in any software and create a spot color called, "CutContour" and Rasterlink will recognize it as the cut line without having to use the plug-in. You just open it directly in Rasterlink and it will read it.

PW66

You can build a file in any software and create a spot color called, "CutContour" and Rasterlink will recognize it as the cut line without having to use the plug-in. You just open it directly in Rasterlink and it will read it.
Does it need to be a specific colour value?
This would save be a lot of messing around. I have used DrawPlus for over 20 years and later Affinity Designer, but bought a copy of Coreldraw standard just to add the cutline for Rasterlink..... I didn't realise at the time that the standard version of Corel doesn't have a contour tool so I have to put the contour in Affinity and open in Corel to add the cut contour!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Does it need to be a specific colour value?
This would save be a lot of messing around. I have used DrawPlus for over 20 years and later Affinity Designer, but bought a copy of Coreldraw standard just to add the cutline for Rasterlink..... I didn't realise at the time that the standard version of Corel doesn't have a contour tool so I have to put the contour in Affinity and open in Corel to add the cut contour!
You can use any color value you want as long as it's designated as a spot color and named exactly "CutContour" no space capital Cs. Corel should be able to make a spot color I just don't know how as I'm more of an Illustrator guy.