• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question UCJV300 Series Print/Cut

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Recently purchased the Mimaki UCJV300-160. Can any experienced users out there tell me their method of predicting where on the page your print will begin after you "base point" (Sorry Roland Term), basically when you move the X/Y origin of the media and hit enter. After that, how do you know where your print will begin?

Bonus question, can anyone tell me how to sheet cut with 100% accuracy? I am using a 0.394 Eye Mark with a 0.394 space between prints. At the moment I do not have any offline white format sheeter, other than an exacto knife! So sheeting on the Mimaki would be a dream if I can hit that space between prints with 100% accuracy! So far I have managed to cut through several prints in an attempt to line up the sheet cut, I've resorted to my exacto knife because I don't want to reprint every other job!

I've tried lining it up with the laser on the tool carriage, I've tried lining it up to marks on the platen, so either I am doing something wrong, or it just never cuts in the same spot twice! If anyone has a step by step 100% method, I would love to hear it! Maybe even a photo of what you are aligning too.

With the 3 Roland's I've owned, Print/Cut always lined up with the cutting tool/strip.

Last edited:

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Assuming you mean UCJV, your guess is as good as mine. I learned how random the "base point" is when trying to print double sided banners on ours, lots of fun.

The only thing I've been able to do is trial and error, and mark with a sharpie where your laser is then measure from there, and I seem to remember eventually finding some kind of secret pattern to where it thinks the basepoint is.... but yeah it's a joke. I'm also used to the accuracy of Rolands, so I feel your pain.

I guess for the same reason, the sheet cut generally cuts wherever it feels like it.

Good printer when it comes to printing vinyl, but otherwise feels like the interface/software was designed by someone with grade 3 english and common sense skills.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Yes UCJV, corrected thank you!

Double sided banners, that's something I haven't even thought about yet! Thankfully I don't do a lot of those, hopefully I can figure out the basepoint before I get an order for one of those!

InkHead

I think the starting point is outlined in the manual which can be changed. If I recall it is like 3" back from the slitter and .6" from the right media edge. I remember seeing this not long ago when I was looking through the manual

Last edited: