• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV300 - Third Party Inks

akawa

Hi,

Looking at potentially changing over to third party inks on my UCJV300.

Has anyone done this and would be able to share their experience in terms of the quality after the change. Did you need to do a flush when changing over?

Thanks

Smoke_Jaguar

Looking at a UJV100-160 and was looking into inks for it, and yeah, seems the LUS-170 and LUS-200 inks are pretty much non-existent in the aftermarket.

As for changing inks, always a good idea to flush where possible. As long as the ink is compatible with the printhead (Gen5 IIRC), you should be good from a technical standpoint. As for accuracy and printing profiles, you might have to do some color checking and make some new ones for the new ink.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Bordeaux has an aftermarket ink for the LUS170s. I don't have any customers using it yet but I'm pretty sure it's because most people are still under warranty so they haven't made the switch yet.

Smoke_Jaguar

Looks interesting, but also f**k companies that won't list their prices on their site. It's a bottle of ink, not a house in Beverly Hills.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks interesting, but also f**k companies that won't list their prices on their site. It's a bottle of ink, not a house in Beverly Hills.
Bordeaux sells through dealers so that's probably why they don't have the price on there but I agree, giving people an idea about the cost would be helpful!

Last edited:

Smoke_Jaguar

Only vendor I found is $97. Based on the SDS it seems like decent stuff. Claims Gen3/4 compatibility as well on the sheet, so Gen5 is almost a given.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Bordeaux has an aftermarket ink for the LUS170s. I don't have any customers using it yet but I'm pretty sure it's because most people are still under warranty so they haven't made the switch yet.

Interesting. Would be curious who is using it and how it's been performing.

I wonder if they also sell a cleaning solution that doesn't only come in shot glass size bottles...........getting sick of buying the Mimaki F-200/LF200 CLEANING LIQUID in 100 ml bottles....pretty ridiculous.

Looking at a UJV100-160 and was looking into inks for it, and yeah, seems the LUS-170 and LUS-200 inks are pretty much non-existent in the aftermarket.

As for changing inks, always a good idea to flush where possible. As long as the ink is compatible with the printhead (Gen5 IIRC), you should be good from a technical standpoint. As for accuracy and printing profiles, you might have to do some color checking and make some new ones for the new ink.
Huh? STS & JetBest are both available and easy to find in the US on first page of google. Both work great.

Hi,

Looking at potentially changing over to third party inks on my UCJV300.

Has anyone done this and would be able to share their experience in terms of the quality after the change. Did you need to do a flush when changing over?

Thanks
I’ve used both STS & JetBest 170 compatible. Both are no flush from OEM. If you don’t like the one, swap an OEM in, and try the next one when that bottles over. I experienced no print differences with either.

Smoke_Jaguar

Only tested Bordeaux and Mimaki so far, Bordeaux MK170 was $99/liter last time I got it from ieion , looks like LexJet stocks Marabu for $117.12/liter. I get Mimaki LUS-170 for $143.50. Not much savings there, but maybe if the ink had some distinct advantages. My experience with UV inks is most are pretty similar with some variance in color. Not averse to trying it, but only marginal savings. That, and I am a cheap mofo who buys inks without chips and can get it for under $80/liter.