• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion UJF-3042 - When LF-140 White Ink goes bad, Ever had this happen ?

Tipgypsy

I have two machines running Lf-140 Cartridges from the same batch , very close to expiration. The White began to cure soft and sticky and easily rubs off the surface. The other inks are fine. Both printers are having the same issue. Ive had the Inks catalyze and solidify before but Ive never seen this happen. Guessing its just the white Ink is too old and lost its viability. Im going to trash the cartridges and get some fresh juice going. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar occurrence.

TD Digital

I have seen this happen when the cure power started to diminish. Have you checked to make sure all the LED's are firing and that there isn't an abundance of ink accumulation? Any damage to the UV lens etc? I saw this once with similar characteristics and when we loaded new ink it did not solve the issue.

Tipgypsy

I have seen this happen when the cure power started to diminish. Have you checked to make sure all the LED's are firing and that there isn't an abundance of ink accumulation? Any damage to the UV lens etc? I saw this once with similar characteristics and when we loaded new ink it did not solve the issue.
I have it happening on 2 UJF-3042s , the lamp units are not missing any LEDs, all are firing brite - I checked all the segments - I dont have a way to judge the intensity but they all light and look pretty brite and the lenses are clear no haze or ink - I keep them clean with denatured alcohol. The CMYK colors cure nicely , The white just will not harden up, It goes on nice and smooth but run a finger over it and it rolls right up. Print a color on top and the color will push off like dried paint on top of window putty. I turned up the UV to 3 and added an extra scan and the white turns into cottage cheese when you touch it. I think the ink is just old and tired, I Ordered fresh carts and will purge and go again.

Last edited:

Tipgypsy

You were right, Thanks - I took a closer look and although the uv covers were clear the reflectors inside the unit had a fine film of powdery dust - Cleaned up easily and it made a definite difference in firming up the white. Its still kinda tacky after print but firms up after a few hours -did the same thing on both printers one had 408 hours on the LED lamp unit and the other 1848 - Cheers