• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF-3042Mkii maintenance mode

masterB

hello,

1-Maintenance manual?
I am looking for any source of maintenance manual (not the one from mimaki official website) for my mimaki UJF-3042Mkii. I did find the maintenance manual for UJF-3042FX but I am not sure if it is compatible with my 'mkii'.

2- How do I change my ink type to LUS-120?

3- How can I enter the maintenance mode?
from 3042FX manual is impossible to find how to enter the maintenance mode with the extra menus. Online I found the Function+Remote during startup but the 3042mkii keypad is different form 3042fx. What is the exact way to enter maintenance mode?

Regards

Headstrike

Mimaki Wide Format Printer Services
No, MKII is completely different from the FX.
You can enter service mode by holding F1 and F3.
To change ink type to LUS-120 you should flush all the ink lines and go thru the regular fill-up after changing the parameter Ink Param 1 - 0:fill-up to 0000.

masterB

Hey, Headstrike

Thank you for the helpful information. Can you help with a source of a maintenance manual? Buying is also fine!

Regards

masterB

I have already checked everything and I can only find 3042FX or 3042HG not mkii.
I managed to get the lines flushed manually but I am getting error 60c. Is there a flush bottle (with chip) required for ink replacement procedure? Can I do it without that?

Headstrike

No, no chip. You need to use Flushing Liquid 07. Are you using the capgoms to fill it up? Make sure they are dipped in cleaning solution first.
If not, pull ink thru the tubing on top of the subtanks. When you have ink there, reconnect them, go to #adjust-subtank-fillup.

masterB

so far I have done:
-manual cleaning of the lines without rubber caps
- change of ink type from lh to lus in Maintenance-InkSet

The machine asks for the caps and then fails with 60c

Headstrike

What is the error description? Ink supply?
Place the ink bottles, open the valves and pull ink from the top of the subtanks using a syringe. After all the lines are full of ink, reconnect and fill-up the subtanks thru #adjust-subtank-fillup

masterB

ERROR 60c is Type of inserted Ink Cartridge is different.

Now I managed to make it recognize the ink using the old chips. Is it a problem to use the wrong ink config while working?

And thank you for your support so far

Headstrike

That means you didn't change it. Press Enter and look on top. It's probably still saying LH100.
Set ink Param 1 - 0:fill-up to 0000, and start the process. When it's filling up, kill the power, reboot and change that parameter to 003f.

masterB

Thank you very much for your help.
There was some air on one of the lines which I had to extract manually then the procedure worked flawlessly. All in working order right now.