• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF-6042mkii cap station angle

Tatonka

Does anyone know a way to adjust the angle the cap stations are sitting when contacting the heads? I can't find anything in the service manual about it, and it's causing ink to leak out the side of the caps. I've checked the station height and that seems fine all around. They sit flat when the head isn't capped.

PXL_20230206_204828170.jpg

Smoke_Jaguar

Check the bolts that hold the caps in place as well as the holes that the caps are bolted through for signs of damage, bends, etc. If I remember correctly, the mounting orientation of the caps is specific with the caps having a front and back side. Could also be old ink buildup catching the cap earlier than it should be causing it to bind up. Had mine do similar things, and it was mostly do to built up ink and the rubber being stretched on the cap, replacing the cap and cleaning the base of the head carriage plate fixed it for me.

Tatonka

Check the bolts that hold the caps in place as well as the holes that the caps are bolted through for signs of damage, bends, etc. If I remember correctly, the mounting orientation of the caps is specific with the caps having a front and back side. Could also be old ink buildup catching the cap earlier than it should be causing it to bind up. Had mine do similar things, and it was mostly do to built up ink and the rubber being stretched on the cap, replacing the cap and cleaning the base of the head carriage plate fixed it for me.
Everything looks fine. I replaced the rubber and cleaned everything, but it still sits at that angle. I'm ordering a new cap assembly to see if that fixes it.

Smoke_Jaguar

Sometimes the rubber shifts from where it was originally molded from the plastic base, hope the new cap fixes it.

lubo1972

Same leak to us with 6042 mkii with white! Change cap and till now it is ok. Those UV Mimaki is not good engineered at all!

Smoke_Jaguar

Caps are pretty much consumable on most printers. Seen the rubber shifting and changing shape over time in some cases and it results in a terrible seal or worse. Shame the damn things cost so much.