• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF series ink set?

Forty One

I use my UJF mainly to print braille signs. I'm currently using LH-100 inks.
No problems when using this, but recently after printing a couple of signs on 3mm acrylic, I've noticed that it probably isnt the best ink to use as there is no flex to the ink.
Majority of my suppliers sell this ink set, but a lot more seem to stock the LUS "flexible" inksets.

Does anyone use this particular ink and still produce braille?
How does it hold up?
hows the layering and building of the height?

It would probably be good to change over to the LUS sets, but I would rather look at the pro's & con's in actual practice before I listen to another rep.

Joe House

You've got two ends of this spectrum - Hard and Soft. Hard = rigid, durable. Soft = flexible and not as durable. I realize that most braille signs are touched very little in most commercial buildings, but the soft ink won't hold up as well to the physical wear on the signs.

Good Luck

Smoke_Jaguar

Main key is getting the material adhesion down right. Might take a good promoter, but the LH-100 stacks decently well atop itself. With small dots for things like braille, the taller the ink 'stack' is, the more likely it is to break loose. For plastics, I tend to use ethyl acetate and that helps things stick a bit better, but everyone seems to have their chemicals and cocktails of choice.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Majority of my suppliers sell this ink set, but a lot more seem to stock the LUS "flexible" inksets.
Part of the reason for this might be that the LUS inks are used much more often on the larger flatbeds and roll to roll printers so they go through much more than the smaller ones.

Smoke_Jaguar

LH100 ink also seems to be about twice the price, but it is great in applications where chemical resistance is neede.