• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultimate Compact Paint Spray Booth

CL Visual

Didn't know exactly where to put this. We are looking to add a paint booth to our shop. Trying to find the best option for us. Looking for a smaller booth. Possible about 10x8. I'm looking for different options. The shop is used for a lot of mixed uses and cars are sometimes kept inside so just spraying randomly no longer works. I'm not doing any big exterior or electrical work so this is all for acrylics and pvc that comes off our router for interiors.

I'll be purchasing the matthews paint system most likely so figured its time to step my game up. What type of setups are out there? Is open face good enough? Enclosed fully? Inflatable? Home made?

If possible, please post up some pictures of what you guys have. I'd love to get some ideas flowing.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Enclosed booth is best. Stuff floats around with an open face (or with booth doors open). Open faced just doesnt create the airflow to clear the overspray.
Need to vent up and out too and fire system. We have 2 booths. We double up paint arrestors and still get overspray on vehicles outside.
Do you really need a mixing system? Just my opinion here but Id seriously look at buying premixed from an auto paint supply house. We spray 100+ gals a month and get it all made. Its easy to eyeball match colors with what you have laying around in a pinch and dont have near the labor time and expense of screwing with matching ourselves.
Keep stock colors and then charge for custom mixes.
If space is an issue and not spraying everyday look at a limited prep station. Its a curtain wall and filter setup with a charcoal filter you can move around. Could probably get away with not needing permits or fire supression since its portable.