• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

URGENT: Mimaki + Rasterlink Profiles

Hi. I've been searching around here for a few days looking for some help on the existing threads to no avail.

A few days ago the tower that runs our Mimaki (JV33-160) totally crashed on us. We just got a new one in yesterday and I've reinstalled our RasterLink Pro III software. My problem is the prints are coming out "blotchy" or basically it doesn't have an even coating of it. If that makes sense.

Since our last computer crashed and we couldn't retrieve any data from the HD I am assuming the poor quality is probably due to a missing profile.

We are printing on Grimco's Briteline IM3201 3.4 mil, 5 year film. Wondering if there is a standard matte vinyl profile that would work. Since our printer has been down we are backed up and have an install tomorrow. If nothing else looking for a quick fix to get us through the weekend.

Any help or point of reference would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance. (PM or email if you want. josh.identitysigns@gmail.com).

KevSign

If you just fresh start system again, you may load the rip software on 2nd HD, if you crash again still have profiles and your custom setting. We set up Wasatch rip this way.

Thanks.

I've got it working for now. Got one that worked printing well for what we need. Calling Grimco first thing Monday morning. Definitely going to have a backup next time. Thanks for the help!!! Have a great weekend.

Team One Displays

We use the Brightline vinyl with our Mimaki. Included with our Rasterlink III were 3 or 4 color profiles - one of which is for 3Mij160 which will give pretty good results. It's not the one we use daily but off the top of my head I know it works.