• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

URGENT VS540I Mixing Colors ANY HELP APPRECIATED bad head?

FORMATMOTO

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this-

My name is Zack, I own about a 5 year old Roland VS-540I. I was recently trying to print a job in RGB and I noticed my back got almost airbrush looking. Then it stopped and would come and go(maybe 50%) or less. The black is also mixing with the yellow, magenta, and cyan and my nozzles are about half gone on test prints. I have never had an issue until now (sad face) But wondering if anyone has any resources on how I can make get these colors back? I have done several head soaks and they help and then it doesn't. Seems to be the same issue. I changed the cap top and the draining seems to be okay. Would replacing Dampers make a difference?

I am using jet best inks(have been since my warranty expired) and have only had a small issue happen with their black before. I do have MT and WT on this machine but never use them. I only print Stickers nd MX graphics off my machine.

Been out of work for 10 Days and I am feeeeeling it.

Does sending a head to a refurb place work? What is your best opinion?

If I am going to pop for a new Printer should I go VG3 or EPSON s80600?

If any of you can help I would be grateful and lmk if you need anything.