• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Client's Truck Wrap Graphics for Their Website.

HeavyHitter

I am working on a new wordpress website for a local lawn care company. I have some other work to add to the site but I think you will get the basic idea at this point.

I recently wrapped the sides of their Isuzu truck. The artwork created for the wrap was carried over to the website. Soon I will be printing yard signs, business cards, and some other marketing tools for them.

We choose to go with wordpress for a few reasons. An html site would require me to add and change the content for my client. Like many others out there he wants to be able to add new content on a regular basis. Content is key on the net these days. There are some marketing objectives the customer has which also falls directly in need of an easily modifiable website. I guess I should not tell his future plans at this moment.

The customer will start adding content later today. The site is empty right now.

Anyway here is a link to the Do It Right Lawn Care website.

http://www.doitrightlawn.com/

neato

Looking good.

How do you get the page to scroll while keeping the background static?

Mikeifg

What about moving the phone number and location down into the dirt area. It would make a better layout.

HeavyHitter

What about moving the phone number and location down into the dirt area. It would make a better layout.

I was think about moving but I am going to wait until he gets some content in to fill out the site. I am sure I will be making a few changes at that point.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Dan

HeavyHitter

wordpress is the best. I'm working on one as well. Have you used the Simplepress forum plugin at all?

I have always used a stand alone forum such as v Bulletin. I will take a look at the plug in you mentioned.

Nice looking site. You should look at changing the URL's to make the all nice and pretty for google.

You should add this to your wordpress page:

All in One SEO Pack

Also go to "Settings" then click "Permalinks"

Click "Custom Structure" and paste this code in

/%category%/%postname%/

This will make the url's read better for google.

HeavyHitter

Seems like an advertising company site and not a lawn care site.

Like I mentioned the client will be adding a lot of content over the next few days. It will give the look and feel that is missing right now. The only two posts made are dealing with 509 and the wrap completed on the truck. I can see how it will feel that way.

The three ads on the top right are going to be moved. I think they stand out too much, but I am going to hold off until we get some content added.

Dan

Kevin-shopVOX

You should add this to your wordpress page:

All in One SEO Pack

Also go to "Settings" then click "Permalinks"

Click "Custom Structure" and paste this code in

/%category%/%postname%/

This will make the url's read better for google.

Thanks for the info it is extremely helpful. I've really just begun to understand the SEO aspect which I know is the key to any site, especially with the wordpress configuration. I've been coming up strong on local markets here in maine with vehicle graphic/wrap searches, logo design and I think the key is really to focus on your local market in terms of optimization. Here is a link to a company called LocalMarket360 that has a link to 30 or so sites where you can submit your site for link building if you're interested. Sorta cuts down on the time it takes search for all of them yourself. Just a pain to fill out all the same info. I learned to have a .txt doc open with the content for cutting and pasting. This should cut down on the time it takes to fill out all of the forms.

Last edited:

HeavyHitter

Thanks for the info it is extremely helpful. I've really just begun to understand the SEO aspect which I know is the key to any site, especially with the wordpress configuration. I've been coming up strong on local markets here in maine with vehicle graphic/wrap searches, logo design and I think the key is really to focus on your local market in terms of optimization. Here is a link to a company called LocalMarket360 that has a link to 30 or so sites where you can submit your site for link building if you're interested. Sorta cuts down on the time it takes search for all of them yourself. Just a pain to fill out all the same info. I learned to have a .txt doc open with the content for cutting and pasting. This should cut down on the time it takes to fill out all of the forms.

Yes, back links are important.

if you are running Firefox install SEO Quake. It will tell you a ton of info about your site as you visit the site. For instance your site has an Alexa rank of roughly 11 million. Your page is indexed on google a little over 100 times. Without spelling it all out for all to see I think you get the idea.

A couple ideas for back links you may not of thought about.

READ

READ

Dan