• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

using print media for cut vinyl?

Conor Knoxx

I can't think of any obvious reason....
But is there any reason not to simply use vinyl print media, in place of "white cut vinyl"
just to save stocking extra inventory?

Conor Knoxx

hmmm...
well, this might spin this thread off-topic, but hopefully not...
This seems to me one way in which the sign industry has changed so much.
To me, there is no such thing as "cheap" or "economy" cut vinyl signs anymore. Just too much labour in cutting/weeding/taping/ etc
When someone wants "cheap" - I go right to economy grade printed vinyl.
So I've slowly been converting inventory of cut vinyls to exclusively premium and/or cast products - therefor "price" isn't much of a factor when considering using print media for cut-white vinyl.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I use IJ35C-10 for white RTA window graphics on occasion.....air release is great for easy install, and when the graphics are larger than 30", I don't have to tile.

d fleming

Cheap print vinyl shrinks like the dickens when cut. Calendared vinyl made specifically for cutting not so much.

busterboyd

Ij35C-10 on glass

I use IJ35C-10 for white RTA window graphics on occasion.....air release is great for easy install, and when the graphics are larger than 30", I don't have to tile.
My only thought on this is that the longevity of this vinyl on glass is no where near what a 2mil cast would be.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
My only thought on this is that the longevity of this vinyl on glass is no where near what a 2mil cast would be.

True....it is a 5 year vinyl, and for the most part, lots of what we do gets changed out or removed long before that 5 year mark. I'll definitely use a longer life vinyl if I know the customer needs it for 10 years.