• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV Curing

NZOC

Recently we have been having issues with the UV inks not fully curing and the ink setting off if handled too soon after printing, or not drying at all.

UV bulbs recently changed and only made a minor improvement. We have noticed there is some clouding on one of the quartz glass that could be reducing the effectiveness of the curing. We have tried cleaning using IPA and flush as well as scraping but its well and truly baked on.

First question: Is there a more effective way to clean this?

Second question: After discussing it with the technician he jokingly said remove the quartz glass altogether, would this work? Would it still be safe? Also wouldn't this just cause ink to get onto the UV bulbs drastically shortening its life?

Apparently the the cost of replacing the quartz is quite high.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You could remove it, but not recommended.

If the clouding is on the outside (from the ink)
Soak it with isopropyl. scrub it with steel wool.

NZOC

You could remove it, but not recommended.

If the clouding is on the outside (from the ink)
Soak it with isopropyl. scrub it with steel wool.
Yes, on the outside. Have tried the IPA and scrubbing which has removed the majority of it but not enough. I will try soaking it in flush overnight and see if that helps.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yes, on the outside. Have tried the IPA and scrubbing which has removed the majority of it but not enough. I will try soaking it in flush overnight and see if that helps.
Don't use flush.
Use paint thinners or Gunwash. It's far cheaper and will remove it from the glass.
Put it in a container and soak it.