• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV ink for DCS printer

DHPM

Hello.

I am a complete novice to this industry. I own a Direct Color Systems printer and am wondering if anyone on this site can tell me if there are other sources of ink out there that will work with my machine but at a better price. I realize consumables are where they make their money but I am a small, SMALL business owner, their ink, print heads, etc. are all crazy priced. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Whatever warranty you have with DCS will disappear as soon as you use aftermarket inks.
And also, after spending a lot of money on a printer, you really want to cheap out on parts?

I agree, UV printers have pretty simple ink requirements, but DCS has 2 formulations. We bought a different machine, Mutoh, but I hate paying their prices for ink, but if you have issues, you know where to start.
We have used aftermarket inks on other printers, but unless you have a local service person willing to back it up, don't.
We had an ink manufacturer say their ink was guaranteed, after the print head died, the only guarantee was they took back unopened cartridges.