• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vacuum Océ Arizona 360XT stays on.

PhilipPrinting

Hi,

We have an océ arizona 360XT with 2 vacuum zones.
The first vacuum zone stays on. When I push on the pedal. It says Vacuum off or Vacuum on... So pedal works but the vacuum stays on.
Vacuum area 2 with seperate pedal works fine.

Anyone an idea?

Thx in advance, kind regards,
Philip

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
it'll be something with the board/relay. (i forget how it works)
You'll have to open the side up and have a look. sounds like a relay not closing.

Pedal could be bad? What happens when you click the vacuum button in the software?
Yes, but most often these are the two relays.

If the turbine cannot be stopped by the pedal and the software, the 99.9% problem is in one of the two relays. Or both.
Switch off the machine, remove the aluminum cover, take a model knife and carefully cut the plastic cap of the relay on top. And you will see the problem. You can unglue the contacts and clean them with metal sandpaper. This will give you a few days to change the relays.

It sounds weird, but I've done it with dozens of machines. Now I always have relays with my tools. You will have the same effect with the lamps if the contacts of the other two relays are worn, welded, etc.
Working on this is easy, fast and absolutely safe. You can also replace the fuse board if you are spending money.
Be sure to turn off the machine!!!

Last edited: