• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Value jet 1304 no power

signprinter

Turned on my printer today and nothing just clicks. Always unplug after use so no electric surges. I took picture of main board and these lights are staying on, on my 1204 they go off when starting
No display so don't know error
Checked fuses all fine
Anyone know what these lights mean
Thanks

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 129

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Depending on when your 1304 was manufactured, the main board either has removable memory or hard wired memory. If you have removable memory, take it out and air dust the terminal. Make sure to get all the dust out and re-install the memory. That is a fairly common issue with the 1204 and 1304 machines.

I know you tested the fuses but did you test the red, cylindrical, ceramic fuse on the main board? A lot of people don't recognize it as a fuse and skip it. It has to be taken out to test. If that fuse is blown, the display won't turn on.

If those two things don't fix it, it's going to be a blown main board or power supply and in my experience it's almost always the main board. If you know how to test a power supply, you might as well test it to make sure the proper voltage is being reached.

signprinter

Depending on when your 1304 was manufactured, the main board either has removable memory or hard wired memory. If you have removable memory, take it out and air dust the terminal. Make sure to get all the dust out and re-install the memory. That is a fairly common issue with the 1204 and 1304 machines.

I know you tested the fuses but did you test the red, cylindrical, ceramic fuse on the main board? A lot of people don't recognize it as a fuse and skip it. It has to be taken out to test. If that fuse is blown, the display won't turn on.

If those two things don't fix it, it's going to be a blown main board or power supply and in my experience it's almost always the main board. If you know how to test a power supply, you might as well test it to make sure the proper voltage is being reached.
Thank you for the suggestions. I have the main board out as I was going to put in the one from my 1204 to test if the printer then turns on, but I will test the fuse first take out the memory card and then reinstall. Appreciate your help. Will post if that works.

signprinter

Thank you very much!! It is fixed and printing. It must have been some dust on the memory the red fuse was fine. You saved me a lot of grief!! :)