• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet Prints are grainy after head replacement

michaave

A repairman from GEI CalGraph came to swap out the print head on our ValueJet 1204 Printer. After _hours_ of working on it, he punctured a damper and said he didn't have another one to fix it with. He put the new print head in, and left without calibrating it. Instead of dealing with the nightmare that is our local repairman, I'd like to do these calibrations on my own.

The grainy texture to the print is visible primarily in light colors. It looks a bit like a stereogram. I've tried all the print effects, and even on S.Fine & Wave 1 (or 2) it has this grainy appearance. It wasn't like this before, even when the print head had clogged nozzles...

Does anybody know what calibrations I need to make, and how to make them?

FatCat

Wow, I would make a call to their office and explain what happened. (Unless this person is a solo-freelance type printer repair guy.) If the repairman caused the punctured damper he should be responsible to replace it. Also, not aligning the print head??? WTH!?!?!

Not to stir the pot, but if you could, please PM me about who you used and where they were from. I want to make sure I don't ever make the mistake of using them.

michaave

Wow, I would make a call to their office and explain what happened. (Unless this person is a solo-freelance type printer repair guy.) If the repairman caused the punctured damper he should be responsible to replace it. Also, not aligning the print head??? WTH!?!?!

Not to stir the pot, but if you could, please PM me about who you used and where they were from. I want to make sure I don't ever make the mistake of using them.

Just a guy at GEI Calgraph. They're making things as right as they can be, only charging us for the work that was done correctly, and allowing us to fix our problem ourselves.