• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vehicle Wraps

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I think an apprenticeship is really the best way to go (maybe the only??) to learning the sign trade. I went to a "sign school" for about a month and that taught me just enough to make a simple sign from start to finish and that was it... very basic. I worked at a sign shop for 3 years which helped me learn what it took to run my own sign shop...but looking back now after 3 years I was still clueless. 10-years later I think I'm starting to get a hold of it, but I'm sure if I spent more time working at another shop I would have excelled quicker. Looking back now the shop I worked for in the beginning was pretty clueless themselves, but he was making a profit..albeit by using cheap materials and not laminating.. Dude was really cheap and I learned that is not the way to go. Anyway.. I think doing wraps day in and day out with someone who is experienced is the way to go.. maybe for a year work at a company that just does wraps. Wrapping can pay well but you can't just jump in and watch some videos or a couple of tutoring sessions to start making $120+/hr. wrapping, you really have to invest time in learning, practicing good techniques and honing the physical and metal skill of wrapping.

Johnny Best

Good luck to him in learning how to wrap and also all the "dabblers and dabbers" for that matter.
If someone wants to learn something then all the power to them.