• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ventilation for flat bed UV printing

JimmyInTN

What kind of ventilation system to you all use that have UV flat bed printers? A long day of printing will cause a strong smell and will cause eye irritations. We don't want to just stick a fan in the wall and have it suck all the heat/cool air out too. Any ideas?

psljuan

I bought an inline fan and hoses, I had to cut a hole onto the side of my machine (compress UV600) , then ran them all to a window, and that takes care of the smell. I spent less than $200 for all of it on amazon, I'll attach pictures

Attachments

• IMG_8379.jpg
    IMG_8379.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8380.jpg
    IMG_8380.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8381.jpg
    IMG_8381.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8383.jpg
    IMG_8383.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8384.jpg
    IMG_8384.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 68

Andy Mars

What kind of ventilation system to you all use that have UV flat bed printers? A long day of printing will cause a strong smell and will cause eye irritations. We don't want to just stick a fan in the wall and have it suck all the heat/cool air out too. Any ideas?
Im using a Duster 2000 and it works very well. Not only does it help keep your room clean it will knock all the smells down too. Id recommend it to anyone.

johnnysigns

I bought an inline fan and hoses, I had to cut a hole onto the side of my machine (compress UV600) , then ran them all to a window, and that takes care of the smell. I spent less than $200 for all of it on amazon, I'll attach pictures
I love those inline fans! We use something similar on our laser and they're super quiet, but they flow pretty well.

Signstein

I can also vouch for those AC Infinity cloudline fans - they work incredibly well! I've had one running for a few years straight without issue.