• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ventilation System

MichaelAlmand

Hi all, looking for any idea's that will help me build a ventilation system for my Roland printer, bathroom fans etc... any help would be great

Thanks

Mike Almand

Sticky Signs

What printer/inks are you using? Why do you need to ventilate? Is it really necessary?
If so, look into the type of hoods you find in restaurants. They can be custom built and installed.

Mosh

We took one of our ceiling tiles down. Boxed in the area and put a squirrel cage fan up there blowing out a vent in the side of our bulding, the has vent slats on it, so cold air will not blow back in. Then we replaced the ceiling tile with some egg-crate, so it is all hidden but will still vent. We only run it when we need, but it clears the ink smell out of the shop fast.

We run it alot while screening coro.

MichaelAlmand

Eco sol max inks

Mosh - what CFM is the fan I was looking at an 80 CFM fan think that will do the trick even if I install two of them? or should i go for a higher CFM number

Thanks

Mike

radiohead223

one thing i was explain when we built our system was that the solvent gases are heavier than air so they will always fall. with this in mind we built a long pvc pip with slots cut into it that sits in front of the print as it goes onto the take up roller. it seems to work well. just member that your best to try and pump it out of the room on the horizontal rather than vertical out through the roof..... i was told think of it like sucking water through a garden house and your standing on a two story building. it's always going to flow better if you can lay your hose down flat

Rooster

Grab an inline duct fan/blower and an activated charcoal filter from your local hydroponics store.

You need to know the cubic footage (not square) of your room to determine the size of the fan you need.

I priced out my production area and am able to put together a carbon scrubber for my room for less than $500.