• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Venting on permits

copythat

[FONT=&quot]NYC Dept of Transportation is trying to change the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]§ 2-03 of Title 34 of the Rules of the City of New York to charge $50 per city block where banners have been installed, per 3 month permit! The simple fact that a permit must be filed every 3 months is ridiculous already, but to add to injury that we must pay $50 per city block. I have an order for 36 boulevard banners to be printed and installed for March of this year. Printing and installation will be at $150 per. This used to be free, now that we submitted for the permits, they decided to charge. This will cost this district about $5000 in annual fee's.

The beauty of this is we've had meetings with Mayor Bloomberg, Senator Klein ...the list goes on. They all though is was important for us to go ahead with this project. So who dropped the ball on us? Each and everyone has acknowledged how strong our area is & to keep up the good work. Then they slap us with this BullS*&%.

Sorry just venting! I ready to start this project this week.

Tommy
[/FONT]