• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versa-Tech - Lazer, router + knife cutting - Anyone have an opinion?

PrintItBig

2B

Have never seen the machine prior to this post.

IMO seems too good to be true, say you are CNC cutting wood or something with lots of dust. and then want to use the laser.
What all do you have to do to clean the machine prior to the laser?

PrintItBig

Not sure, but as I understand it the lazer bed rolls out over the top of the standard bed, all the way around and attaches to itself to form the complete conveyor. So depending on how that worked that may at least give a clean surface to work on?

artbot

if it's utilizing the new laser diode vs mirror, the dust free requirements would only apply to the lens.

PrintItBig

There's lots of sizes and other options available that obviously affect the price but based on the limited pricing I've had, they seem to be similarly priced to a Zund of the same bed size without the lazer. The lazer on a 10ft x 10ft bed size adds about £30k (GBP) to the price. Not sure about dollar pricing.

We are looking at buying a Zund at the moment but being able to add a lazer to the machine at some point seems like a big advantage. That said it's a lot of money to risk on a relatively unknown machine.

Can anyone else see any pitfalls?

We would want to mainly cut acrylic and rolls of fabric with the lazer, but when I've spoken to other suppliers they've said that the conveyor bed wouldn't be stable enough to get a good cut on acrylic with the lazer. Any truth in that?

SPAranoff

VersaTech "All in One" Cutting Solution

MCTdigital really does supply a competitive product to the industry leaders with the laser option that they do not have. So, the system can use a 140 watt liquid cooled laser with a lightweight aluminized conveyor cutting belt and it can utilize a traditional mat conveyor belt with a liquid cooled 2.5 hp router or two tangential knife tools. Pricing is attractive as mentioned in the prior posts. No other product is available that has the same capability for automated roll unwinding and/or sheet feeding, matched with conveying. Further information ma be asked in is forum, or I may be contacted directly steve@mctdigtal.com. References are available. Blackman & White of the UK and MCT are technology partners, manufacturing on both sides of the Atlantic, with common hardware and software and supported jointly in the marketplace.