• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm sp540v - pinchroll errors/changing the data cable?! PLEASE HELP!

Tizz

It's always handy to have pics (thanks Eduardo. G), I like how clean your printer is. Wish mine was the same!

cuz311

just replaced my cut carriage cable today, still getting the right pinch roller error. Trying to get in touch with a Roland Tech, still waiting. any ideas guys. Any help appreciated. Thanks to the above instructions, installation was a breeze

Thanks,
Dereck

Tizz

You've got to remove screw on the right side and take the entire strip off. Carefull not to loose the spring on one of the ends (sorry just going by memory). There are metal plates that hold on to the ends. You can flip this to use the under side as long as it hasn't been used before and you will need to punch a small hole on the right side of the strip to fit the metal part on. (I've used a blade). When placing back in you need a little bit of tension on the strip so it doesn't hit the sides of the strip sensor, which is another thing to look at because it may also be a faulty sensor! Always handy to give this a clean also. Once the strip is back in place run the linear encoder set up.
Hope this helps!

cuz311

You've got to remove screw on the right side and take the entire strip off. Carefull not to loose the spring on one of the ends (sorry just going by memory). There are metal plates that hold on to the ends. You can flip this to use the under side as long as it hasn't been used before and you will need to punch a small hole on the right side of the strip to fit the metal part on. (I've used a blade). When placing back in you need a little bit of tension on the strip so it doesn't hit the sides of the strip sensor, which is another thing to look at because it may also be a faulty sensor! Always handy to give this a clean also. Once the strip is back in place run the linear encoder set up.
Hope this helps![/QU

cuz311

Flipped encoder strip, no luck, removed and recleaned to original side still no luck. Machine locked up in a service code error 0101. Finally got my machine from service code 0101, to back to right pinch roll error. Waiting on new encoder and encoder reader, hopefully gonna be back in service. And to top it all off I am sick dealing with all this, and getting further behind on work. Thanks for the help. By the way no contact from a roland tech, been trying for like a week. Does anyone have a independent roland tech. list for south mississippi? Will keep y'all posted.

DEXRON12

Flipped encoder strip, no luck, removed and recleaned to original side still no luck. Machine locked up in a service code error 0101. Finally got my machine from service code 0101, to back to right pinch roll error. Waiting on new encoder and encoder reader, hopefully gonna be back in service. And to top it all off I am sick dealing with all this, and getting further behind on work. Thanks for the help. By the way no contact from a roland tech, been trying for like a week. Does anyone have a independent roland tech. list for south mississippi? Will keep y'all posted.
Hello, Did you ever get the pinch roller issue resolved? I'm having the same problem. I replaced the 15 pin cable-card and pinch roller sensor and still have the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated