• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Contour Problem

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Ohh y'all want me to elaborate.

Versaworks was pausing during contour cutting. It would cut one or 2 decals then take a 5 minute break (like one of my employees) then cut a bit more and then back on vacation for 5 or 10 minutes. So on and so on.

After a complete uninstall and registry clean. Re-install, download and install of all the updates. Re-setup Versaworks install all our profiles. I wasted at least 4 hours of my time jacking with everything.

And the solution was!!!!!! Wait for it!!!! Wait for it!!!!

Well lets just say the problem on my wife's design station was MAGICAL. Her computer runs on "FM" (that is F@%KING MAGIC for all you uneducated folks)

You see, somehow magically her windows firewall was on and set to "NOT A F*&KING THING IN OR OUR WITHOUT SCANNING IT 3 TIMES" setting . Which in turn caused a severe case of data packet constipation. So I gave it Ex-Lax and cleaned it out. Now it is running smooth.

Glad I could give some of you a laugh.

And hopefully others that are having "data packet constipation" have an easier time figuring it out.

Salmoneye

I wasn't even fishing, but after your explanation I am not laughing at you either. Thank's for posting that info, I never even thought about the firewall causing slowdown within our own network.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
It's all good. I would have been laughing at me if I was you. If I got twisted off every time a problem came up, I would be pissed all the time. I have learned to roll with the punches, it sure help to keep my blood pressure down.

Now if I can keep from killing an employee that is skimming petty cash, I will be doing good.

Salmoneye

Set up a camera and when you catch him/her loop the act and have it playing on every flatscreen in the building when he/she comes in to work. Also video tape his/her reaction to it when they come in; Play it for yourself every time you feel angst for the next 10 years.
(then have a friend beat him/her off property with a pillow case filled with 3-4 heavy rubber balls) But not in the face because we aren't animals you know.

Salmoneye

Should have told him "I would love to but some asshole has been robbing the companies petty cash and we are paying a lot of money to a forensics team to compile the evidence that the district attorney is requesting to that they can put him away for the maximum allowed by law. Due to this unforseen expenditure we can't afford it at the time." And again, you should have caught the conversation on video for years of shits and grins.