• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks Prints Twice (or more)

truckgraphics

Hello All,

We have a Roland VS-540, running VersaWorks 5.5.1.

I recently moved VersaWorks from our old Windows 7 machine to a Windows 10 machine.

To move the program, I used our VersaWorks 4.5 disk, then updated through the Japanese location within the VersaWorks program. (The US update location is inactive, near as I can tell.)

We are now on version 5.5.1, as mentioned above.

Everything seems to work fine, except that if I leave the media loaded and don't change the job or turn off the machine, the Roland will print and/or cut the same job about 5 minutes after the first job ends.

I'm sure there is a check box that should be filled or unfilled, but I can't find it.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

truckgraphics

Also, if you're interested in VW 6 Here is a link to that. I use VW6 and am happy with the change.

I'm interested in and will try 6. Though I'll have to find some time and make sure the upgrade doesn't interfere with our existing settings and tweaks. Since so much of our business is from returning customers, we have to make sure new material matches the old.

Thank you Sean for providing the link to the software update(s). It is much appreciated!

RANT BEGINS:

The 5.51 works well, outside of the double printing glitch, but required some tuning and searching of Signs 101 to find information that allowed us to upgrade from 4.5 to 5.5.1.

That upgrading required going to the Japanese Roland site was something we never would have found if it hadn't been for Signs 101.

Don't get me wrong. Our Roland VS-540 printer is outstanding! A tremendous workhorse.

But Roland not only won't update their software for us (except through is Japanese site), but doesn't even say whether the old software works on Windows 10. It does, but there very little information - and I've noticed what little information they have published on running or upgrading VersaWorks below 6.0 is disappearing. Not asking for support. Just a little information.

Sooner or later, we'll upgrade our printer to the latest, greatest model and it will certainly be a Roland. (Maybe that's the problem! They know they have us.) But it would be helpful if the company would help us keep our older machines running while they are still useful. I know there are alternatives, like the Flexi RIP, but we like VersaWorks and don't want to have to fight a new program to make sure our prints and cuts match everything we've been providing to our ongoing customers for many years.

END OF RANT