• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VG2-540 to buy or not to buy? Pros/Cons, thinking of switching to Epson S80600

FORMATMOTO

I currently have a VS-540i and am wanting to upgrade to a printer that can do orange for Moto Graphics and perf cut stickers. Any advice to go with this? been looking at a S80600 as well-

Thanks yall-

CanuckSigns

As someone who has owned both, go with the epson, it's miles ahead of the roland in terms of speed and print quality

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Really the only advantage the Roland has is that it's a printer/cutter, so if you only want a all in one printer and not 2 pieces of equipment, that would be the way to go, but if you don't mind having a separate cutter, then from everything I've heard and read, the Epson is better.

highrolling24

I really like my Roland VG2, it prints great and cuts well and love the perf cut feature. When I was looking for a printer I thought Awesome print and cut same machine but now that I have it not so good because you have to take the material out to laminate then when you laminate it might pick up dirt to put back into your printer and loose another foot of vinyl on you roll because you have to unload from pinchers to load you stuff you just laminated. I dont know Epsons but i would like a separate cutter so I can keep printing. Also which I found out after I got my VG2 is that you cant get into the menu yourself which is bullsh!t, if I knew that I probly would have went with something else, I like to fix my own machines. Orange is nice though.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We went from the original VS-540 to an S80600 + Graphtec FC8600. It's immeasurably better in every single aspect.
6 pass on the Epson looks better than the Roland at 12+ passes and is ridiculously faster. An entire roll in 2 hours versus and entire day on the Roland.

• Agree
Reactions: BVG

emhmotorsports

I think your answer depends on what you need from it. I have a VG-640. It works really well for my needs, makes some impressive prints and cuts in a wide array of materials. I need an integrated printer/cutter because shop space is at a premium, and printing is not the core of my business and so the inefficiency of this is not a big deal for me. The machine itself seems to be fine, but Roland service in my area is completely non-existent (won't even return my calls) - so if this was my core business, I wouldn't have gone Roland just for that reason.