• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express Q160

ESA1

Hi! I have a Vinyl Express Q160, when I put my vinyl in the plotter, lift the lever so that the pinch rollers are in the down position, but the screen still says "Load Media".... any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

dbenec

I don't have a Vinyl Express Q160 but on mine the vinyl needs to be over a sensor or the cutter doesn't know something is loaded. I can tell when I'm covering the sensor as I can hear the fan turn on. My sensor is a few inches from the right edge of the cutter if you're looking at the front of the cutter. Move your pinch wheels to a position so that when the vinyl is loaded it runs over the sensor.

ESA1

Thanks for the reponse, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Any other ideas? Thanks Again!

Make sure that the lever is as far forward as it can go. On occasion it can hang-up before engaging the switch. You should be able to hear the micro-switch trip at some point along the travel of the handle.

Bob

sarge

i have a vinyl express .. dont use it much .. but i think i had a simular issue a few years ago .. one of the dip switches for the media type wasnt all the way switched .. if i recall it was the one for continuous feed and sheet fed .. anyway i would make sure all the dip switches are in the correct position

ESA1

what are the "dip switches"?

when i pull the lever up, i hear something click (just like normal) - but it's still not registering that the media is loaded. lever is up and all the way forward...tried jiggling it a little.. no luck! thanks!

dbenec

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 193

ESA1

Checked it out and still no luck. Is it possible that a sensor could be bad?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions... any other ideas are welcome!

Have a good evening!

Bradster941

If the right hand pinch roller is positioned on the long grit roller section, then try putting a piece of tape over the rear sensor and see if that works.

If not, then I think it is a bad rear sensor or bad micro switch on the pinch roller lever.

sarge

i dont have the q160 .. however facing the device, on the right hand side there are some dip switchs .. just above the serial port .. this is my second vinyl express and my 1st one was simular in operation .. so i was thinking yours may have had the same way to configure

Sticker Dude

I take it you bought this thing used!!
call signwarehouse they carry this brand Yoiu can send it to them and they will fix it but you will pay!

Headhunterx

I take it you bought this thing used!!
call signwarehouse they carry this brand Yoiu can send it to them and they will fix it but you will pay!
Yes, you will if you don't have the original box it will cost you $165 for the empty box. I would quit the business before using them for anything.
Just my experience with them.
Richard

maconart

maconart
We had to add a magnet to the top of the lever. Just that bit of difference to the lever or slack on a well used unit will cause the "Load Media"