• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express Qe60+ blade help

ba1980

After getting my order straightened out, the company sent me a free 60 degree blade for my troubles. But the problem is it doesn't fit into the holder I have. Its a lot thicker. Here is what they sent me, 60 degree (left) and my original 45 degree on the right.

attachment.php

Since they sent it to me free, I don't really feel like going through the hassle of sending it back (assuming that is even an option). I'm assuming I need a different holder or a blade that will fit my existing holder. Based on a quick search, it looks like a blade will be cheaper, but since I now have 2 blades of the thicker variety, I'm thinking the holder is the way to go.

What holder (specific size?) do I need to get so that I can use the other blades? And where would ya'll recommend ordering from since I don't like the signwarehouse price associated with the blade holders? Was hoping I Amazon prime one, but I can't find any with prime shipping.

If I go the new blade route, what size do I need? I see some are labeled .9 and 1.5mm. I'm assuming my 45 is a .9?

Attachments

• p989245961-4.jpg
    p989245961-4.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 296

ba1980

Thanks. I didn't even realize they were different lengths until I was reading the comments just now, lol.

thewvsignguy

We just ordered another 60 degree blade from SW last week. The 45 is for the Blue tip holder, you will need the red tip for the new 60.

We were informed that the new 60degree blades do not work with the older normal Blue tip holders.

We had to buy a different (newer) red tip holder for the new60 degree blade, no biggie for us but it was nice for them to explain that to us when we placed the order.

ba1980

Talked to SW and they said that in fact, they did send the wrong blade. Sent me the correct one that fit the blue holder at no charge.

Imakesigns

I cant believe sign warehouse actually helped a customer!! count your lucky stars. you also used every birthday wish for the next decade.