• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Lettering Pricing

AlishaP

Just wondering how much you would charge for lettering done on a 20ft box truck.

Located in Canada (southern ontario)
Its 2 Colours.
In 751.
Dimensions approximately:
Both sides of the truck 9ft x 7ft
Back of the truck 7ft x 7ft
Above cab 2ft x 3ft
Both doors 1ft x 1.5ft.
Installed.
Cost of materials $1000CAD

CanuckSigns

How do you figure that much cut vinyl costs $1000?!

Find your actual material costs, add your markup, then add your hourly rate for install.

I would think this would be around $1200 or so complete.

AlishaP

The rolls are 48 inches. The three main pieces are are 21ft x 2 42ft plus the other 3 smaller ones and cut offs or miscuts, Its approximately 20 yards of material.
Its 20 yards of 751 which is 600 plus tax and shipping where I am.
Then the second colour I had to buy 10 yards minimum at 200 plus tax and I have no use for the colour in the near future so as far as im concerned that the entire cost of material of this project.
Then I will also be using 25 yards of transfer tape. The transfer tape was 250 for 50 yards.
600 751
200 751 second colour
125 transfer tape
12 shipping
Plus 13 percent tax
$1060...

AlishaP

How do you figure that much cut vinyl costs $1000?!

Find your actual material costs, add your markup, then add your hourly rate for install.

I would think this would be around $1200 or so complete.
Do you have a suggestion on where to buy 751 for cheaper?

CanuckSigns

Do you have a suggestion on where to buy 751 for cheaper?
I dont use oracal any more due to Noone actually stocking much of it any longer.

Have you looked at TCT? They sell all their vinyl by the yard with no minimums, and $6 shipping, they also sell transfer tape. It's not oracal, but their 2 mil vinyl is quality stuff.

Sam Goldfarb

The rolls are 48 inches. The three main pieces are are 21ft x 2 42ft plus the other 3 smaller ones and cut offs or miscuts, Its approximately 20 yards of material.
Its 20 yards of 751 which is 600 plus tax and shipping where I am.
Then the second colour I had to buy 10 yards minimum at 200 plus tax and I have no use for the colour in the near future so as far as im concerned that the entire cost of material of this project.
Then I will also be using 25 yards of transfer tape. The transfer tape was 250 for 50 yards.
600 751
200 751 second colour
125 transfer tape
12 shipping
Plus 13 percent tax
$1060...
Did you try Fellers? I checked online price and the 751 was $363.80 and $181.90 for red in US. Not sure if they ship to Canada and these were "published" prices. I can usually get a price break if I call my sales rep.