• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vinyl Master Cut Version 5.0

Susan Stewart

Good morning.
We recently purchased the Vinyl Master Cut 5.0 software for our Graphtec CE 5000-120 plotter because Cutting Master 4 doesn't work with the new upgrade to Illustrator yet. We have been able to cut a file, but we can't figure out how to cut the same file multiple times. We know we can cut more than one at a time, but we prefer to cut only one at a time as the vinyl tends to get off track. We have sent it straight to the cutter from the software, and we have sent it to the spooler then cut it. It cuts one just fine. Then when we send it again, it starts cutting these numbers and letters, and we have to shut the plotter down( I attached a picture). Once we restart the plotter we can send the file one time and it will cut one properly then the next one we send cuts the numbers and letters. Can anyone tell us how to cut the same file multiple times, please?

IMG_4695.jpg

ikarasu

Goto your illustrator 2022 plugin folder and copy the cut plugin to your 2023 folder and it'll work.

I do that with every new release and 99% of the time it works fine.

dypinc

Goto your illustrator 2022 plugin folder and copy the cut plugin to your 2023 folder and it'll work.

I do that with every new release and 99% of the time it works fine.
I did that here on the Mac version of IL 2023. The plugins load but I have not tested it to see why they say it is not compatible. Anybody know why?

Susan Stewart

We just did what ikarasu said to do, and this worked.

Thank you so much!!!

I'm not sure why they say it's not compatible, but using this method definitely does work!

ikarasu

If you copy it from one PC to another PC's 2023 folder... It doesn't work. I don't know if it's because it's a new install or what - but if you copy it over from the old install to the new one it's fine. My guess is they need to change something with their install file to fix that issue.

In my experience... Sai is very thorough in their testing. Onyx will rush out updates, and it's caused a ton of cutting issues. They still have a glitch where if you add a .25" bleed and the nest rotates your file, it'll cut .25" off.... I notified them, and they confirmed it 2 versions ago... Get it's still not fixed.

I've never had an issue with cutting master... So they're more thorough and want to make sure everything works.

I've done this every single version because I like updates :roflmao: only once I had to do a roll back because it threw errors when opening it - but I've been using cm4 with the newest illustrator since day one.... And it's worked perfectly fine, so you guys should be pretty safe!