• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl master pro....

shaunmorrell

FutureRIP (long since discontinued)

As mentioned above, FutureRIP V1.95 was discontinued several years ago and completely replaced by the all new VinylMaster RIP which is a far superior program and RIP.

This RIP is bulit-into VinylMaster Xpt and uses standard .icc profiles. However, FutureRIP (long since discontinued) used an internal format for its profiles and not the publicly open .icc format. We recognized this was problematic and fixed this a long time ago and that’s why the later VinylMaster RIP now uses standard .icc profiles and includes a good range of these.

However, if you have a make and model of printer that FutureRIP did support then you can use any of the resources from this downloads page.
http://www.iifuture.com/downloads_secure/download_profile.htm

If not, and as mentioned above if you write to Tony or askus@iifuture.com we will be happy to get you the best possible deal on an upgrade.

signguy 55

I remember having to call Future about 6 years ago for technical support when it loaded every font on my system and slowed it down to molasses and I had to reformat my hard drive.

The guy that answered the phone spoke broken English and I could hear the theme music from "Jeopardy" in the background. No joke. (This was when you almost had to foretell when you would have a computer problem and they would send you a new registration code.)

I lost all respect for the company then. I'm glad some of you love the software.
To each his own.

Deaton Design

The last version of Vinylmaster pro is great. Pretty much eons above the older versions. I have the program since it came out, and have kept upgrading. I havent had any problems at all, especially with the newest version. I dont have any complaints and for the price, and also that they let you make payments, it cant be beat.

Deaton Design

Just a suggestion....but you may want to ensure you know what you're talking about before you start ranting about a product that didn't work for you....especially a product that has since been replaced/improved.

The fact that you're unaware of manufacturer's profiles also doesn't give you much credibility and really proves that the issue must be user error.

I have never used any of the software discussed in this thread, but in my opinion Shaun has given you a professional, helpful answers to your irrelevant complaints - which is pretty impressive considering your original rant.

Just sayin'.
+1

shaunmorrell

I remember having to call Future about 6 years ago for technical support when it loaded every font on my system and slowed it down to molasses and I had to reformat my hard drive.

The guy that answered the phone spoke broken English and I could hear the theme music from "Jeopardy" in the background. No joke. (This was when you almost had to foretell when you would have a computer problem and they would send you a new registration code.)

I lost all respect for the company then. I'm glad some of you love the software.
To each his own.

That's odd because:

1. VinylMaster (old or new) does not have any code to install multiple fonts into Windows – it only allows the user to install a single font at a time and just like Corel, Illustrator, Flexi and 99% of graphics programs it only lists (allows you to work with) those fonts displayed in Control Panel.

2. We do not have any televisions in our offices and everyone speaks fluent English.

So I’m not sure who you called but no such issue exists with fonts and VinylMaster and we would have explained this to you on the phone, our Help Desk and/or in our FAQs – it’s also dealt with in the manual.

Even if you had too many fonts installed in Windows all you needed to do was move some of these fonts out of Control Panel and your system would have come back to normal.

You shouldn’t have more than 600 fonts installed in Windows Xp and below… in Windows 7 and Vista you can have around 1000 fonts installed without too many problems.

This is a well known Windows problem/glitch which you will quickly find by doing a search online and has absolutely nothing to do with VinylMaster.

S'N'S

The last version of Vinylmaster pro is great. Pretty much eons above the older versions. I have the program since it came out, and have kept upgrading. I havent had any problems at all, especially with the newest version. I dont have any complaints and for the price, and also that they let you make payments, it cant be beat.

John, if you only have the Pro, try the Xpt, it is FANTASTIC.

I was never an expert with Corel, illustrator or Photoshop and now virtually never use them. Most things that took numerouse steps in those programs now take one, maybe two steps to do in VMP.
VMP's backup service is fantastic, I had a small problem, posted a ticket on line ... went and made a coffee and the phone rang.... Hi it's Tony Braun from Future Corp.....had me speechless for a minute, holy crap that was quick. Tony walked me thru my problem and waited on the phone while I did a test to confirm that the problem was solved. Thanks again Tony.

And thank you too Shaun

signguy 55

So call me a liar then about the fonts. And yes it was "Jeopardy" music I heard. You think I would make something like this up when it froze my computer?

Funny how you didn't mention about the four page process to register / deregister your broken computer at Future's absolute discretion ( page 10, point 1.7.5 for version 2.0)
You had to almost foretell when your hard drive would crash, and it would be at your discretion whether you send me a new registration number or not? Yeah, right. Your instructions recommend having insurance to cover the cost of a damaged or failed computer, this could take weeks to resolve.

Your instruction book had so many typos it wasn't even funny after a while. In the point 1.7.5 the book says "in tact" instead of "intact" referring to a failed computer. 'Nuff said.

shaunmorrell

So call me a liar then about the fonts. And yes it was "Jeopardy" music I heard. You think I would make something like this up when it froze my computer?

Funny how you didn't mention about the four page process to register / deregister your broken computer at Future's absolute discretion ( page 10, point 1.7.5 for version 2.0)
You had to almost foretell when your hard drive would crash, and it would be at your discretion whether you send me a new registration number or not? Yeah, right. Your instructions recommend having insurance to cover the cost of a damaged or failed computer, this could take weeks to resolve.

Your instruction book had so many typos it wasn't even funny after a while. In the point 1.7.5 the book says "in tact" instead of "intact" referring to a failed computer. 'Nuff said.

Please let me remind anyone reading my reply below, to the post above – Signguy 55 is referring to V2.0 of VinylMaster Pro which was released in 1999 and replaced in 2000 – so we are talking about old software.

No one is calling you a liar, what I am saying is that the problem you most likely had was there were too many fonts installed - and the tipping point came after you installed VinylMaster Pro and added a few more fonts. Your system ran too low on resources which looked like VinylMaster Pro had caused the problem – when it was nothing more than a coincidence.

Having over 600 fonts installed in Xp and below is a well known limitation in Windows…

As for hearing something in the background playing – I’m not sure what your point is. Perhaps someone was watching it online or something – what does it matter

As for typos – people make mistakes and these are always corrected for the next edition – the manual was republished a dozen or more times since V2.0 and completely rewritten from scratch in 2010.

I agree about the registration scheme which was disbanded in 2003 becuase it was too complicated for many users – that’s why we discontinued using it all those years ago.

The discretion issue with respect the EULA is a common position for a licensor to take in the circumstances, but as far as I know we never denied any licensee a registration number up until the system finally packed it in 15 years later.

We have always given our customers the benefit of the doubt and continue to do so.

The1Railroader

Hey all! I'll keep asking this, how, or is it even possible to run my plotter, Vinyl Master 380P and my HP Designjet 5500 from my new Windows 7 Home Premium.... Tried everything imaginable.... bought 25pin to USB cables, some stupid controller keeps blocking it! UGH..... The old puter is going fast! Any help out there?

The1Railroader

Vinyl Master 380P

Shaun,
Thanx for replying.... Vinyl Master XY380P. I have bought a couple different cables, to go from the 25pin to the USB, but they don't let me in.... it will start to say "receiving", then stop!The same problem with the Printer too! They work great in the old, but dying Dell! The new puter is an HP Pavilion with Windows 7 Home Premium....argh........

shaunmorrell

I think you're mixing up hardware with software. The VinylMaster I'm referring to is a software program not a plotter, though it will operate a VinylMaster plotter. What software do you have to run the plotter?

The1Railroader

I do most of the design work with Corel, then save and export to Flexi 8 starter, which I use for plotting.... it came with the plotter. It all works great together as a team, been using it for 6 years now... 424028_10150582605633965_216240693964_9060849_635179197_n.jpg .... my issue is the HP Designjet 5500 and the plotter will not run on the windows 7 home premium... at least when I attach the machines to the computer, they are not handshaking with each other.... from the plotter comes a parallel cable, (25 pin) and that is connected to a 25pin female to usb cable, since the HP has no 25 pin connection.... some controller keeps popping up, some IEEE-1284 controller opens when I plug in the pin to USB cable, and that's where the problem starts.... I have one hair left to pull out!

Last edited by a moderator:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
If you just want a bridge program to cut stuff from Corel or Illustrator get Flexi starter. It's 99 bucks. Even has a dongle. :wink:

+1 ... I'll probably be going to flexi pro or cocut in the next year or two in my home studio ... but i've been using flexi starter for about 5 years now ... I just import all my work in, it has the full cutting utility of flexi pro without costing a few grand ... even when I upgrade I'll still keep flexi starter on my p.o.s. travel laptop for ease of cutting if my other software (or science forbid ... computer) eats the big one.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I do most of the design work with Corel, then save and export to Flexi 8 starter, which I use for plotting.... it came with the plotter. It all works great together as a team, been using it for 6 years now... .... my issue is the HP Designjet 5500 and the plotter will not run on the windows 7 home premium... at least when I attach the machines to the computer, they are not handshaking with each other.... from the plotter comes a parallel cable, (25 pin) and that is connected to a 25pin female to usb cable, since the HP has no 25 pin connection.... some controller keeps popping up, some IEEE-1284 controller opens when I plug in the pin to USB cable, and that's where the problem starts.... I have one hair left to pull out!

if you use flexi 8 ... you'll need 8.6 or higher as for the designjet ... download the newest drivers from HP website and that should fix that ... other than that .. don't know what plotter you have ... make sure there are drivers that are windows 7 compliant.

Last edited by a moderator:

The1Railroader

I have tried to get drivers for HP windows 7 64 bit to run the HP 500, but the link doesn't work.... and the 5500 works fine from the DELL, I can't get it to run on the new computer... which only has USB plugs.... a couple posts back tell my problem and what I have....