• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl residue remover

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Rapid Remover is probably your safest bet. Xylol works too but it can cause nerve damage overtime and the fumes are bad for you...

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
We use Rapid Remover, I like to spray some on and leave it for 10 min or so before coming back. My boss is all about the varsol but I like my brain cells intact.

Mark Van Dillen

Kate Phillips, Do you mind sharing the recipe for that House Blend? I have recently resorted to a soaked Bounty towel Lacquer Thinner application, than immediately spraying w/Rapid Remover, and than wait a minute or two, scrape with an econo squeegee, Repeat... Be sure to wear protective gloves and be well ventilated. Skip the Lacquer Thinner whenever possible, -of course.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Kate Phillips, Do you mind sharing the recipe for that House Blend? I have recently resorted to a soaked Bounty towel Lacquer Thinner application, than immediately spraying w/Rapid Remover, and than wait a minute or two, scrape with an econo squeegee, Repeat... Be sure to wear protective gloves and be well ventilated. Skip the Lacquer Thinner whenever possible, -of course.
2B on the post above mine had the house blend - we don't have one, I'm afraid. Curious too, though!

Billct2

We have them all...what works on one project doesn't work on the next. Favs are Max Pro Remover, Rapid Remover and alcohol. We had a job last week that all the residue cleaned up nice with
MaxPro but nothing touched one area, finally had to use lacquer thinner.

Andy D

I always really liked the stuff in the image below, but it's hard to find now.
I couldn't use the stuff in a small area, because would give me a horrible headache.
Besides being great at removing adhesive, it was a miracle at removing scuffs & other marks
without messing up the printed ink.

1621446273319.png

2B

2B on the post above mine had the house blend - we don't have one, I'm afraid. Curious too, though!

While I do NOT make the "house blend" I regularly see the following items on the shelf
Xylene
Acetone
Good Off
Mineral Spirits
Lacquer thinner
Methyl Ethyl Ketone

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
FWIW, we got cited on a jobsite by MSHA for using lacquer thinner to clean paint off of our hands. He said that xylene, lacquer thinner, MEK etc cause damage in the long term and to use acetone instead.

Andy D

FWIW, we got cited on a jobsite by MSHA for using lacquer thinner to clean paint off of our hands. He said that xylene, lacquer thinner, MEK etc cause damage in the long term and to use acetone instead.
Even a drop of Acetone burns the F out of my skin, like Holy Water on a demon, is it just me?

Val47

I see it now chicken lips. :thankyou:
Dang it. Was really hoping the icon for the new rating would be available. It's not.

Last edited:

Sumon Sarker

Working in the Sign industry (for 8 different companies)now on my won company, I love Rapid remover, We recently(2019) did removing Union Gas(Reflective vinyl 4-5 years old graphics) vehicle to Enbridge gas rebranding about 280 Vehicles with it, It is the best. Always test first on a small sport. Rapid remover wait 1 - 5 minuets , Clean with paper towel, Clean with Dish soup(Sunlight) and Clean with Isopropyl alcohol ..

Attachments

• 20190626_094923.jpg
    20190626_094923.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
  • 20190702_134215.jpg
    20190702_134215.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 84

tulsagraphics

Super high concentrate citrus cleaner (92% concentrate in aerosol form -- if you can find it!) + plastic razor. Works on everything, and it's about half the cost of Rapid Remover.