• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vision vs Gravograph Engraving Machines

GWSC

Hello, I'm looking at a Vision 2448 or 2550 vs. a Gravograph IS7000 or IS8000. Would appreciate any feedback from anyone familiar with the two machines. Looking to create raster braille ADA signs. I understand the process; now just getting the equipment.

Thanks!

Jburns

I have owned the vision 1624 and now have the Gravograph M40G. ( two actually, selling one) They are smaller versions of the units you are looking at. The gravograph seems to have finer precision in movement / gears etc. but I think its more expensive if I have to call for service etc. And the software seems a little harder to learn.
but both are good machines.

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
We have had a Vision 16x24 for about 13 years I think? Thing has been an absolute workhorse. Only thing we have replaced on the actual machine are the drive bands for the motor. Keep the rails cleaned and oiled properly and it runs great. Would definitely recommend. We have a hand apply raster pen.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Hello, I'm looking at a Vision 2448 or 2550 vs. a Gravograph IS7000 or IS8000. Would appreciate any feedback from anyone familiar with the two machines. Looking to create raster braille ADA signs. I understand the process; now just getting the equipment.

Thanks!
We have the Vision 16x24. We are happy with it overall. It seems it can be a little finicky getting the depth just right on the applique sometimes (I am not an operator though). When we have a higher end backer for the sign (brushed aluminum, etc), I have a colleague laser cut the applique and we use the Vision just for the Braille. Otherwise you risk showing cut marks in the backer. It seems having a laser to cut the applique out might speed up the process, too.

As for the quality of the Vision machine, it seems to be very well built and support has been good the few times we have had to call.

StarSign

We have both a 2550 and a IS8000. The braille insertion is great on the 2550 and it has the camera as well. We can keep both machines running all day. Support from Vision is pretty good, but not the best. I feel the Vision software is much easier to learn than the Gravograph.