• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions VJ 1204 printing problem

BigBoyMs

Hello, I have a small racecar wrap company in Oklahoma. I have been getting lines in my black and it has been banding a little more and more. Last week, I did a nozzle test and a lot of my Black jets were missing. I did a couple of head soaks that were an hour long each, and nothing got any better. I did a head soak over night and still nothing. I then took out my print head and mixed some windex with alcohol and did a manual clean on the head. I put it all back together and my blacks were perfect. The blues were not showing up. I did a bunch of cleaning and nozzle test and they started getting better. I notice some of my yellow was missing, so I kept doing cleanings and it was pretty good and getting better. I did another head soak over night and went back the next day and my yellow was printing like a green color. i kept doing cleanings and started printing just 100% yellow and was getting some green lines and it got a little better. My lines for yellow going to the head were cleared up. I left and came back to my shop today and the left line of yellow going to the head was green and right line of yellow was yellow. So, I guess overnight it is sucking blue into the yellow? Is this possible and if so, what do i need to check? All of my test prints are good and I printed blocks that were 100 of each CMYK and they looked good, except the lines in the yellow of course. They do not get any better. Please help! Thank you ahead of time. I appreciate your knowledge in advance!

Terry01

Manually suck some ink through the capping station with a syringe and test it again..
You maybe just getting a mix there during cleaning cycle

Terry01

My damper has blue in it. Do I just let it pull it through?
Yes just do it with a syringe or you will end up with a timeout on your pump if you do too many clean cycles.
If you still have clamps off your dampers, yes suck fresh ink there..one clean cycle will flush the head

BigBoyMs

Yes just do it with a syringe or you will end up with a timeout on your pump if you do too many clean cycles.
If you still have clamps off your dampers, yes suck fresh ink there..one clean cycle will flush the head
Yeah, that may be some of the problem. I am not sure how it all works. I took one of my yellow dampers off that had some blue ink in it off and was trying to figure out how to flush the damper. I did not clamp it off or anything. How do those 2 lines work going to the print head for each color? When I tried to prime it, it looks like it ducks it from the other line.....

Emidio

Your Source for Signs
I had a similar problem. Make sure the ink cartridges are pushed in all the way. Air can get in and cause problems.