• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VJ-120Aprinter not printing any ink after new printer head install any ideas as to why ?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You most likely popped the head fuse. If you work on the machine without unplugging it and waiting 15 minutes, there is residual charge so when you take the head cable out it shorts and blows the fuse. That or the cable was plugged in crooked and that caused the short.

The fuse is on the main board and labeled F2. Depending on how old your machine is, it could have a soldered fuse or a socketed one. Here is a link to the fuse that you can solder or pop into a socket.

Conor Knoxx

You most likely popped the head fuse. If you work on the machine without unplugging it and waiting 15 minutes, there is residual charge so when you take the head cable out it shorts and blows the fuse. That or the cable was plugged in crooked and that caused the short.

The fuse is on the main board and labeled F2. Depending on how old your machine is, it could have a soldered fuse or a socketed one. Here is a link to the fuse that you can solder or pop into a socket.
thanks for the quick reply! I was expecting that, I guess..
so I now have the board pulled out, it's soldered on. When I check resistance across the fuse, I have 12milli-ohms resistance instead of "0" (as I would expect for a fuse) - I should assume this is blown then?