• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help vj 1304 not powering on

zapacituk

hello to all, my vj 1304 suddenly died, 2 days ago was working fine with no symptoms, when you press power the on button turns green but the orange data light flashes just for a bit, no display, no pumps, no vacum nothing, checked the 2 fuses at back of power cable, all good, checked the little brown fuse on the main board all good, put a new RAM module, nothing, took the power cable off to let it sit, nothing, the board between main board and power board has 2 leds 1 green stays on all the time and 1 red that slowly flashes, please guide what to search for? like i said no symptoms no nothing was working perfect for the last year, many thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try air dusting the board especially the memory terminal. Then see if you can test the power board to make sure it's outputting the proper voltage. Other than that, usually it's a fried main board.

zapacituk

Try air dusting the board especially the memory terminal. Then see if you can test the power board to make sure it's outputting the proper voltage. Other than that, usually it's a fried main board.
many thanks, i will get the multimeter and try to see how i will test it