• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1624 Main Board replacement

GatorTPK

I have VJ-1624 that will not print anything including the nozzle check. The owner had attempted to fix the printer and accidentally reconnected the print head data cables while it was still powered on.
I have replaced the print head, head data cables (Head FFC - DG-42385), CR Board, and Dampers (OEM Valve Head Assy - DG-41543), still no ink is printed. Ink appears on the capping station when running a cleaning cycle. Ink flows well.

The only left I can think of replacing now is the main board. The service manual says I need to use MUTOH Service Assistance Software. Is the software absolutely needed? I have a working main board from a VJ-1324 that is the same part as needed in the VJ-1624.

Any other possible solutions would be great!

Thanks in advance for any help you may have!

Umca

Did you check printhead fuses on the mainboard?
You can not use mainboard from VJ1324 on VJ1624 because it impossible to reprogram it. It will be bainboard for VJ1324 only forever.

GatorTPK

Did you check printhead fuses on the mainboard?
You can not use mainboard from VJ1324 on VJ1624 because it impossible to reprogram it. It will be bainboard for VJ1324 only forever.

Thank you for the excellent info! I see “The MAIN board-unique adjustment parameters cannot be erased or modified” now.

I haven’t seen the main board physically and didn’t see any indication of fuses yet. I’ll look for them!

GatorTPK

The 2.5 amp fuses on the main board are fine, but the 750mA fuse is bad! That’s the print head fuse. I ordered a few of them. Thanks Ucma!