• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VP-300i trips out

Farren

Our VP will randomly trip out mid print. It can happen travelling either direction and anywhere along the width of the bed. Seems like any larger images or solids will trigger a shut down more often. we can usually print smaller graphic and images, no problem. There is still power to the print head board but the control (sub) board goes dead. It won’t power back up until the power board cools right down. There are no warnings or strange noises/actions. I did a test and it printed solid cyan and yellow bars no problem but tripped on the black and the magenta, which are completely different circuits. Last night it tripped out while loading up a print job. Starting to think it’s the power board. No fuses are blown and no error codes as it trips before it can register a fault. Ideas?

We’re running on a cat5 cable less than 5 ft long and our PC is a 6 core I-8700 3.2ghz with 64g ram so that shouldn’t be a proble. Was thinking it was a motor or encoder problem until last night when it hadn’t even finished loading the job.