• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540 vs. SP540?

Derrick

Hi All,
I am looking to getting a Roland 54" but I can't decide between the VP or the SP. I just know the SP is thousands cheaper and I also find that most users have the SP considering it has been out longer.

My main applications would be banners, decals, and Hi-res Photos on photo paper/artist canvas.

Is there a "better" between the two?

Thanks ahead of Time!!

ChiknNutz

The VP is the one to get...2 yr warranty, faster print speed, etc. I wouldn't hesitate if I had the option when I got mine.

ykapadia

On VP540 it takes about 30min to print 48"x48" @ 1080x1080 so photo quality @ 720x1440 wold take longer.

This should give you an ideas as to what you can produce per hour.

Definitely VP is better.

I think VP was released a little over a year ago. So I guess the upgraded model should be out soon with Roland Intelligent Pass Control™ and Precision Firing Pattern i.e. giving faster speeds. (These technology is currently in XC540)

It would be interesting to know if someone has infor on this.

Derrick

I apprectiate the information. It looks liks the VP model hands down. The 2 year no out-of-pocket warranty is a no brainer. I appreciate it again fellas for the information.