• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS-640 help

smatt

Hi all. Hoping someone may have some insight into my problem please.
This started a few years ago but due to COVID and also having a vg2-640 the machine has had little use and always used for smaller bits.
However due to getting busier I need to put more work through it.
When printing it seems to drop a load of magenta into the colour periodically. The machine has had a new head and full ink change and been flushed numerous times.
It's not the software as I could send the same file through a dozen times and it would change position of where it happens.
Did suspect the thermostat. But even happens when both heaters are off.
Please see pictures attached.
Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• IMG_20220609_093604.jpg
    IMG_20220609_093604.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20220609_093555.jpg
    IMG_20220609_093555.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20220609_093227.jpg
    IMG_20220609_093227.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 92

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Have you replaced the dampers? What about the captops? I would change those if they are both over 6 months and see if that helps at all.

smatt

Thanks for the reply. The dampers and cap top have been replaced periodically and no joy unfortunately.

garyroy

In my Roland manual there is a section called:
"When the cleaning kit becomes necessary", a video on it is also on YouTube.
Keep in mind these are for my older Roland's, in particular a VP models which happen to run very well for me.

I had drops of magenta ink randomly dropping onto the prints. Following the procedure in the manual, cleaning around the cap tops,
around the wipers and then with the heads in the far left position, cleaning around all the heads cleared up the problem immediately.
Please keep in mind, NEVER rub the heads with a swab, whether its soaked in solvent or not.

I know this sounds elementary but it is the first step to always take when printing goes awry.